Monday, June 7, 2010

Hair Day!

Elijah got his hair cut. I was working on Josephine, so he had to sit still by himself - and he did awesome! He didn't even complain too much this time. He thinks it's so funny to see the chunks of hair fall out, and likes Daddy to hand them to him as they are cut so he can throw them on the floor. Doesn't he look so handsome with his hair really short?!?











I wanted to post before-and-after photos of Josephine's cornrows. They lasted four weeks, the first two pix are from the day after I did them, and the next two are from yesterday right before I took them out - how fuzzy they were!



It probably took me 45 min to an hour to take the cornrows out, then washed, parted and put in these double-stranded hanging twists. LOVE how cute they look on her. I need to take advantage of this style while she's still young, because she likely won't like them when she gets a little older.
I'll probably touch them up weekly, but I hope they last three weeks. Then I'll be putting in box braids again, decorated nicely for the 4th of July!

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I can't get any hair style to last in Jasmine's hair very long. I put in twist two days ago and they all pulled out. Don't know what's going on with her hair and she hates it touched. Part of that is because of extensive scarring from surgeries. Kayla's hair is much shorter but stays in better.

hopefuloffive said...

Looks great! I just relaxed Roselande's and she can comb it on her own now, which she loves. You are right, have fun with the styles when they are little, now at 8 I am a little limited on styles for her. Too I love the little boys with super short hair.

Sean's Ladies said...

so cute! you're doing a great job!!

Ada calls those big twists Haiti Hair. :)