As the month came to a close, a couple friends excitedly mentioned getting updates soon. I honestly wasn't very excited to get another update - I was a grump! The closer we get to the end of this process, the harder it is to wait. James' visa is printed and in the hands of GLA. We are waiting for one last piece of paper from IBESR that will allow us to exit the country with James, but the holidays have delayed this slightly. I avoided the conversation. I didn't want another update - I just want my son in my arms.
Yesterday was especially difficult. I thought and hoped we'd hear yesterday that James' IBESR exit paper was ready and that we could make travel arrangements. But when 4:00 rolled around and we still had not received word that James' final paper is done and travel approval dates, I was seriously bummed. Soon after, I got our update in my email inbox. I read the text of the email, but reading that it was a video, I saved it for after supper, so we could all watch it together as a family.
Boy, was I wrong about this month's update! Month after month, Susie has blessed us with wonderful photos and words about our son. I can't tell you how much of a blessing these are, and this month's update takes the cake!
Susie must have spend the entire month putting these together for 80+ children! This month, she put together a wonderful gift for each adoptive family - a musical slide-show in chronoligical order from the time our child(ren) entered the orphanage until now. It is set to the song "Kings and Queens" by Audio Adrenaline. And just a couple warnings: I may or may not have watched this video at least 10 times by now. I may or may not have been able to watch the entire video without the last slide bringing me to tears. I may or may not have cried through the entire thing at least once. Have your Puffs handy just in case!
We love you too buddy! We'll see you very soon!
3 comments:
Lisa,
Wow what a gift! Beautiful!! Took me right back to a time 10 yrs now!!
Lisa,
Wow what a gift! Beautiful!! Took me right back to a time 10 yrs now!!
What a precious gift.
Post a Comment