Friday, July 19, 2013

James' Recent Ramblings

It's been fun hearing James' language skills continue to improve.  He still talks A Lot!  He will tell stories for quite a long time if you just ask him about his day and then be quiet and let him talk.  At first we wouldn't have a clue what he was saying.  Then we'd start catching a word here or there.  Then we'd catch a few words here and there.  Now we're catching whole phrases in the middle of his ramblings.  It's so fun to listen to.  And he speaks quite clearly, I think!

A few fun things...

When anyone says the word "super," it automatically turns into "Superman!" when he repeats back what you said.  For example, the other day, I asked Josephine, "Are you sure you want to go outside?  It's super hot out there!"  James' response was a very excited, "Superman hot!"  Also, when I tell someone we need to go super fast, James pipes in, "Superman fast!"  I'm not even sure where he learned about superman, but he also calls Spiderman "Superman."  Too cute!  Could be that he has a friend at daycare that's obsessed with Superman, I don't know.

James is VERY quick on his feet to answer questions.  I asked him if he was ready to go potty tonight.  Usually if he doesn't have to go, he whines and just says no.  Tonight he said, "Not yet."  In the car he was being goofy and giggling about something he saw or said.  I said, "Silly boy!"  Without wasting a breath, he responded immediately with, "Silly Mommy!"  This kid is going to keep my on my toes - more-so than the older three combined - already at age 2!  :)

James is learning lots of songs at daycare, and knows the rhythm and enough of the words so that we can understand what he's singing.  Tonight he was singing the Bumblebee song (I'm bringing home my baby bumblebee...) - although he was singing the smash part.  However, I think he might have been getting it mixed with the "Snap! that monkey out of the tree..." song.  He kept saying "Bumblebee," then "Snap!"  Too cute!

His favorite song right now is this one - see if you recognize it. (p.s. - This was after a he had been singing it for a while during a potty break - but I spared you the potty video.  He was getting a little antsy by the time I recorded it, so I had to help with a few cues, but you get the gist.)

Love it!

1 comment:

Kathy Cassel said...

How could we not recognize the Wheels on the Bus? The song used to haunt me. It was everywhere. We even used it at swim lessons to get our kids to splash water in their faces.