- Keeping up with Kaylen's kindergarten things (a few worksheets per week, one small book per day, a library book every 6 days, and other random items, notes, etc.).
- Keeping up with Kaylen's Kid Central activities Wednesday nights at church (a small workbook with 7-8 short activities, including 2 Bible verse songs on the CD per week to learn, a key Bible verse to learn, daily prayer & discussion as needed).
- Keeping up with my own Bible study - a small group meetings weekly, but daily study and prayers - usually done over my lunch break. (Kaylen's songs and lessons help here too.)
- Church weekly, and helping with the 4-year-olds' Sunday school class once per month. I may also join the choir for the Thanksgiving services, which will add a few rehearsals - but they'll mostly be the nights while Kaylen's at Kid Central.
- Kaylen playing soccer one hour each Saturday - has now had 2 of the 6 week season.
- Learning my new Optimist Club duties - I'm the Secretary/Treasurer this year.
- Work.
- Being more deliberate about planning meals that are more healthful and economical (in terms of both time & $$) for our family.
- Laundry, house cleaning (although I won't pretend I've can always keep up-our floors are disgusting and please no white glove tests on any shelves, and there are laundry piles everywhere - clean and dirty!).
- Personal hygiene - both my own and assisting Kaylen. (What?! You mean those nails have to be trimmed once in a while? Well, mine do - Kaylen tends to bite hers but she's doing better. :)
- Managing the family's financials -- and trying to ignore the 401(k).
- Medical/dental appointments for myself and Kaylen.
- Keeping track of Kaylen's social activities - lots of daycare/kindergarten friends mean lots of birthday parties!
- Planning events with friends and family.
- The adoption processing is always on my mind, but I'm trying to not obsess about it. I do fluctuate back and forth, but I've tried to hand it all over to God. I know He is taking care of the children and of the process. I'm trying to seek out His will for my waiting period.
- Keeping up with blogs/facebook. Well, obviously that's fallen back a bit. I haven't been commenting, but I still read quite a few, and know that many of you are in my prayers.
- Exercising - coupled with good talks with a wonderful friend - the excellent stress-reliever!
Jock's also awesome help. He keeps the home repairs/garage/basement/lawn under control, keeps the electronics and appliances working, and does dishes. He's starting to do the grocery shopping - works right next to where we shop, so that's very helpful when we have limited time to help Kaylen get her stuff done in the evenings - and he's better at watching for bargains than I am. He takes care of his own laundry and cooks meals sometimes, and helps a lot with really all of the stuff above - otherwise I'd really be crazy! :)
What keeps all of you busy these days?
6 comments:
AAAAGH! I need a nap after reading that! :)
Oh yeah. I also try to squeeze in a nap on the weekend too. Or maybe sleeping in on Saturday morning if we have nothing else going on that I have to be up early for.
And Jodie's article that posted yesterday - exactly my thoughts - just could never have articulated it as well as she did. Although I'm not quite there yet in terms of giving up the control.
I'm right there with you on the white glove tests!! my house is one big pile that needs to be put away/cleaned.
hmmmm, what else do you need to throw into the mix...how about chasing around two sweet little angels from Haiti :-)
Terry
Terry - Absolutely I'd LOVE to add the two little ones to the mix!
Morning sickness (aka all-day sickness!) :)
Post a Comment