So, we've decided I'm going to try to get Lasik surgery. I'm very excited but a little nervous too. I'll have to schedule a consultation first, to even know if I qualify, but everything I've read it sounds like I should. I don't have an astigmatism, and my eyes aren't horribly bad. I don't have problems with my eyes, and I haven't been wearing contact lenses for about 8 months. Hopefully I can get my consultation set up before my benefits enrollment at work this fall. I'd plan to have the surgery after the first of the year, so I can take advantage of the pre-tax medical spending account. We'll see how it goes...
5 comments:
I went to talk to people about it twice several years apart and never did it.
The first time was about12 years ago and we were in England. The eye dr said that the people had offered every eye dr the chance to do it for free and none of them did it because there was no long term research. And it was less than a year until we returned to the states so I wouldn't have anyone to follow up with if I needed it.
The second time was just a couple of years ago and they said if they corrected my distance vision, I'd lose my reading vision. I didn't want to do the one where they do both eyes differently.
I would love to have Lasik but I don't know if I would qualify (I have an astigmatism and I have a tendancy to have dry eyes and I've read that dry eye can be a side affect so I certainly wouldn't want to make it worse). Plus we have no money for it. (Story of everyone's life, I know.) But the thought of waking up and being able to see is such a sweet thought.
I have often said that is the one surgery that I would elct to do and man I would love it! to not have to worry about glasses or contacts anymore? Oh I am jealous!
Good luck! I'm so glad that I had it done. It's definitely worth it!
I had it done by one of the top surgeons in California in 2001 (whenever you saw a show about Lasik, he was the one they interviewed).
It was fairly painless and really quick (actual surgery only took about 20 minutes). I've had some minor issues (dryness and slight blur in my left eye when I'm really tired), but would do it again in a heartbeat.
I went from not being able to distinguish features on faces a few feet from me to instantly being able to read a clock on the other side of the room. It was fabulous!
Post a Comment