Kaylen's soccer game was at noon, so we had an early lunch before heading out. This was her last one for the year, since she will miss next week's. She did great - scored one goal this Saturday, and several the last couple times. She is showing better ball control - can get around it to turn directions. She still just likes to kick it hard though - I think trying to keep it to herself - that teamwork thing still escapes her a bit. :)When we got back from soccer, it was all business, getting ready to go have some family pictures taken in the afternoon. We met a friend of ours down at the Capitol building. She took a ton of pictures, and it was so fun! We wandered around for a couple hours, both posing and just having fun with each other, and she snapped lots of pictures while we did it. I think we're going to have a hard time choosing our favorites!
Today I had to help at the early service in the 4s room. The first service starts at 8:30, and we woke up when Kaylen slammed a door, at 8:15 - when I'm supposed to be there! I threw on some clothes, brushed my teeth, set out an outfit for Kaylen, and ran out the door. I made it there at about 8:30, and the teacher had things all under control (the other helper was later than me). Jock & Kaylen then met me for the later service. Kaylen headed off to her class, and Jock and I to church. Today was a family commissioning/prayer service for a missionary family from our church. They've been preparing all summer to enter the mission field, and are leaving for Jamaica at the end of the month.
This afternoon we had a quick lunch, and then some quiet time. I had a long nap, read some, worked on backing-up some photos, and watched some football. Jock has been on his computer game, and Kaylen's been reading, playing, drawing pictures, and playing outside. It's been a lazy & relaxing afternoon - just what we all needed!
Tonight for supper, I cooked a casserole I'd had in the freezer and some frozen veggies to go with it. I finished up our paperwork for our foster care license renewal, to be mailed tomorrow. I probably also need to check our bank accounts and pay a few bills.
Tomorrow it's back to the grindstone. Next weekend my sisters are coming to visit and we're going to walk in Race for the Cure. I can't wait - I haven't seen them for over a month (almost 2)! How was your weekend?
3 comments:
I automatically wake up by 6 a.m. on weekends. Ugh. I guess it's because we are all up by 5:30 on weekday mornings for the high school kids to be out the door at 6:15.
I am just getting ready to post about our weekend on casselcrew. Some people only go to the adoption blog but most of the family stuff is on the other blog and I have a third one especially for girls.
sounds like a super fun weekend. the kids were home from college for the first time since august. they were "shaken the money tree" as vince likes to put it. but everybody needed something for winter.laura boarding pants and pat outdoor work covies and coat for his job at the lumberyard. great to have them homeand a nice saturday for pat to ride home 3 hrs. he really lucked out. i'll be thinking of you next weekend. e-mail me if you still need pledges love ya,kathie
Well, I spent it packing and also enjoying the fall weather a little, as well as carving pumpkins..fun! Won't it be awesome to have our babies home to share in the traditions?
Post a Comment