Sunday, October 26, 2008

Coveting

OK - I know that one of the 10 commandments is to not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor. Well, I'm not coveting property - I'm coveting your prayers right now.

There are several families we know who are traveling to Haiti this week or this coming weekend. Please pray for their safe travels. Pray also for blessings on them, the orphanage staff, the adoption processes that some are traveling to work on, and of course the children.

In addition, please be in prayers for the adoption processes. I'll be praying this week for the dossiers of three children in particular from our orphanage, to be released from IBESR - they have been in that step for more than a year - too long! I'm also praying for many releases from Parquet (including ours), and from MOI, as well as the several other steps in between these three big-ticket steps that could use your prayers. Being close to the end of the month, when many from our orphanage anticipate receiving their process updates, it is a difficult time. We all could use some good news, and some encouragement during the long wait to bring our children home.

Praise God for His awesome power to do all of these things - may His glory prevail!

1 comment:

Kathy Cassel said...

I'll be praying with you. I hate when we, or anyone, is stuck long in one spot because it's not like in the states where you could just call and remind them how long you've been there. I've been in parquet almost 5 mo and probably no one really cares. It doesn't even go in order so we know that when we're at the top of the pile it'll get signed out. That scares me a bit. Same for the ones in ibesr although it sounds like this new lady will get things flowing again. I saw that some files in parquet who didn't go through dispense have been sent back. I don't know if that's been confirmed though.