Thursday, December 18, 2008

Haiti Adoption Prayers

I am reminded today: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jer 29:11-13

I'm so encouraged tonight by thoughts of four families that I know that are traveling this week or next to the same orphanage that we're adopting from, to bring home their daughters. It warms my heart thinking of what a blessing it will be to the families and the girls, to have them home for Christmas. Congratulations! My prayers are with all of them as they prepare for travel, bring their children home, and celebrate together the birth of our Lord and Savior.

I pray for the many families (mine included) that are in process and long for the day that they get the call that their children are out of this or that step of the process, and ultimately for the day they can bring them home to their forever families - however near or far that day may be. God will bring them home to the families he's called to adopt them. I pray for the hearts of the children and parents, siblings, extended family & friends, that God would prepare us for those days ahead.

I also pray for the people of Haiti; for the director, staff and children at the orphanage; for our adoption coordinator, processor and staff; for each and every person people in various government offices - both Haiti and US - that are working on many, many dossiers. May each document that crosses your fingertips be a reminder of you to the importance of the work you are doing for God's children. I am thankful for the blessing you all are to us as we pray and wait for our children to come home.

To all of you, I wish you a very Merry Christmas from my family to yours. May your hearts be filled with the Joy and hope that only Jesus Christ can bring.

1 comment:

Kathy Cassel said...

Hoping it's our week....