As we close out the year today, I just wanted to reflect upon 2008, and give thanks.
I am thankful for my wonderful husband. He is my rock in times of trouble. He can always make me laugh or put a smile on my face when I’m feeling less than happy. He’s always there to lend a helping hand, or pick up my slack. We have so much fun together. He’s a wonderful father to our children, and together we make a great team. I don’t know what I’d be without him.
I’m thankful for my daughter, and the beautiful person she is becoming. We’ve had our struggles, but she’s has grown up so much in the last year, in many ways. She’s smart and funny and caring and always wanting to please us. As I think back over the past nearly-3 years she’s been with us, I can’t believe how much she has changed and grown. I can’t imagine my life without her spunk added into the mix!
I’m thankful for our two children who aren’t home yet, and for the process we’re going through to bring them home. The process is a long and winding road, but it’s that road that has brought me closer to God. I love these two for their little personalities. They’re cute and funny and happy-go-lucky, and I smile when I think of them. They really make me think about what’s really important in life. They have taught me much over the past year. I’ve only seen them a total of 12 days, but they’ve been growing in my heart all 366 days of this year.
I’m thankful for our extended family. You’re always there for us, just a phone call away. We’ve had some sad times and fun times, but we know and are thankful that family is always there. They’ve helped us in many ways this year. We’ve cried on each others’ shoulders. We’ve celebrated some fun times. We can’t choose our family, but if I could, I know I’d definitely choose the one I’ve already got. God knew what he was doing!
I’m thankful for our friends, both old and new. We’ve had many fun times over the years, and we continue to share good times. We’re grateful for all we’ve shared with you – laughter and tears, games, Bible study, walks, conversations, emails/blogging/web chats, shared babysitting, play dates, trips, meals, volunteering, prayers, anniversaries, birthdays & Baptisms, etc., etc., etc. The list could go on and on… I’m so thankful for our friendships.
There are so many other things I’m thankful for – job, home, vehicle, food, clothing, safety, medical care, education, etc. But these seem so trivial compared to the people in my life. I know I don’t say enough how thankful I am to all of you. The people in my life are what make everything else worthwhile.
But most of all, I’m thankful for a God that provides for all my needs, even before I know I have a need. He may not answer all my prayers the way I’d like, but I trust that He knows what’s best. I could not go on without the promises I have in Him.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:11-13.
2 comments:
Hoping you're out of parquet soon.
I'm thankful for you, too! And praying you're out of parquet soon. (I still can't write parquet without thinking of the butter commercials!)
Post a Comment