Yesterday I reflected upon 2008, and today, I wanted to start off 2009 in prayer. Jodie seemed to say almost exactly what I've been thinking of, although much more eloquently that I could ever write. These are my key prayers I'm starting with, and many, many more will certainly be added as I hear prayer requests - family, friends, strangers, church, country, world.I pray that 2009 also is a year of spiritual growth for Jock and I, as 2008 was also; that we continue growing in our faith and trust and hope in our Lord.
I pray, as I pray every day, for God to help me and show me how to be a better wife and a better mom.
I pray that in 2009 Kaylen continues to grow in her faith, and in many other areas of her life.
I pray for Elijah & Josephine, for God to guard their hearts and prepare them for all that is ahead for them.
I pray for the Haitian adoption process, that dossiers will continue to move through the process more quickly, so that more children can come home to their forever families, and more children can be served. Specifically, I pray for our children to speed through the remainder of the process and come home by summer.
I commit to praying daily for each child in the orphanage each month (I think that works out to about 4-5 children each day) - for their needs to be met fully, for the nannies caring for them, for their birth families, for their forever families, for their adoption process.
2 comments:
Lisa,
Your thoughts to pray for different orphans has reminded me of how I really haven't done that in a while. I pray for people's specific situations when a need arises, but I haven't just prayed for kids consistently. I used to do it on Mondays but then I got out of the habit. Perhaps I need to rethink my prayer time a bit.
Thank you for your prayers on behalf of all the children. We used to use the monthly prayer calendar for our morning devotions but then it hadn't been updated in a long time.
Post a Comment