Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday Kaylen!

Kaylen is turning 6 today. It's hard to believe how fast the time has gone. She has come a long way in the last almost-3 years we've known her. She's fun and funny, smart and witty, contemplative and inquisitive, fiesty and spunky, playful and silly, ambitious and passionate, tender and caring. We love you Kaylen! We love the person you are, and look forward to seeing the beautiful woman you become.
We're going to wake Kaylen up with a present in bed. (Tricky parents to get in a gift before she even gets dressed - hmmmm...) Then we'll be heading out early to go have breakfast at Panera before work/school - YUMMY!!! After work/school, I think we're going to go out to our favorite Mexican restaurant, and then get Kaylen over to church for her usual Wednesday night activities. We gave her the option of skipping, but she didn't want to. She has a lot of fun there, doesn't want to lose any points, and I imagine she'd enjoy telling everyone it's her birthday and maybe they'll sing to her. :)

This weekend our house is going to be party central. I've never been brave enough to have a little girls party, and the timing after Christmas is hard to get organized. However, this year I decided I'd better do it or I'd lose my chance. It'd be tough next year if E & J are home! We looked into having it somewhere that does parties, but they're just outrageously expensive - even if you don't choose the options with pizza/cake! So we're doing one at home - we invited 10 of her friends from school and daycare. We'll be eating pizza, having them decorate their own cupcakes (yes, we're suckers for sticky, yummy messes!), and making bead jewelry. Then we'll fill the rest of the time with presents and just playing or watching a movie. Just 2-3 hours can't be too bad, right?!?

I think Sunday we're going to have a small family lunch or dinner at our house, and then hopefully collapse for a bit before moving on from the birthday festivities. I'll let you know how it goes if I survive the weekend. :) I'll try to post pictures afterwards too.

8 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Happy birthday K!

We ended up having a gymnastics party for Jasmine. Around here everyone is spoiled and wont' come to a home party (we found that out the sad way.)

Bill and Christina said...

Happy Birthday!


Christina

Anonymous said...

what no sleep over?!?!

Jodie said...

Happy Birthday, Kaylen!!!

Lisa said...

Thanks everyone! Kaylen had a great day, and we had fun too.

Karen - you're nuts - maybe in a few years.

Anonymous said...

I remember in second grade grandma had all the girls walk over after school from my class. she had a sheet out and after games and presents we sat around that sheet in the basement and ate our cake and ice cream. that was pretty good for grandma after working all day. birthday wishes to kaylen from us too. sleep-overs waited till 5th grade for me.love ya, kathie

Terry said...

She is so cute! Happy belated bday Kaylen!

Katy said...

Happy Birthday Kaylen! I hope it was wonderful...=)