Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Prayer Request

As I am recovering from what we expect to be a successful LASIK procedure, I'll be praying for a good friend's step-dad. His name is Tony, and he'll be having eye surgery on Thursday. Here's some info one of Tony's daughters sent out (edited slightly):
Tony lost his sight in 1961 when he was a senior in High School in a farming accident. Despite this, he was able to graduate from college, marry, have a family, hold a job as a social worker for 37 years and perform his hobbies and activities independently. This Thursday January 15, after almost 48 years of blindness, he will have surgery to hopefully give him sight. What this could mean to him and our family is indescribable. We are so hopeful. My dad would see (his children and grandchildren) for the first time!!! I am writing you to ask you to please keep my dad and his doctor in your thoughts and prayers! His outpatient surgery will last about 3 hours. We should know on Friday if the surgery was successful. Then, it will be a matter of keeping away infection.
Please keep Tony in your prayers.

5 comments:

Jodie said...

I pray for your recovery (and no negative effects) from your LASIK procedure!! I had mine done in 2001 and am SO GLAD I did. My left eye dries out faster, but that's not a big deal.

Praying for Tony and the miracle he may receive! Lord, direct the surgeon's hands and be glorified through this!!

Bill and Christina said...

So glad that things went well. Will be praying for a great out come for Tony.
Christina

Lisa said...

Oops - sorry I wasn't more clear on that. My LASIK surgery is this afternoon at 2:15. Tony's surgery (assumably much more complicated than my procedure) is tomorrow.

Kathy Cassel said...

Wow! What a blessing that would be for him.

Anonymous said...

wow, i didnt even know there was such a surgery! Hope all goes well!!