Saturday, January 3, 2009

Adoption Process Update

We received our monthly snip-it Wednesday night, which I'm grateful for, because I tend to check for it a million times starting the last day of the month, until something is posted. However, there was nothing really to update at the end of December. We are still in Parquet. It's been 5 months since we entered this step. Trusting our time is coming, and praying it's soon...

There also still has not been any progress with the birth parent interviews. I did, however, want to post to ask for prayers for the birth parent interviews. Our update stated that Elijah's mother is in the North country. She was apparently located once and then disappeared again. Please pray with us that she is OK, and that she is located again and is willing and able to come to PAP for her interview. There was no update on Josephine's father's interview, so I assume they are still working with him to determine when he can take time off his new job for the interview. I pray also for peace for the birth parents - I can't imagine how difficult facing a government official would be to declare once again after 1 1/2 years, that your intent was to relinquish parental rights. That brings tears to my eyes thinking of such.

To all our prayer warriors out there: We're so blessed to have you interceding for us and lifting us up to the Lord. I can't thank you enough.

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Hoping you have good news soon!

Jaime said...

Praying with you Lisa. God is working, he loves you and Jock and your kids. He is faithful and powerful and I look forward to seeing the adoption mountains moved in 2009!!

Dawn S. said...

Ahh, the joys of adopting from Haiti! Praying for progress!