Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tony Update - Praise God!

I received this from our friends today - a forwarded email from Tony:

Hi All,

The surgery went very well on Monday to repair the Retina. (The doctor) explained that several things can happen in the process and he didn't know what way he would go when he got into the eye. Thus he chose to give me a general anesthetic which put me out. After he got into the eye he found the BEST of all options. He found that there was a big blood clot which he cleaned out and after that found that the Retina was in perfect shape and attached. So he lazored the Retina on anyway because after several surgeries on an eye the Retina likes to detach so with this process he said it would not detach. Thus he cleaned everything up and the surgery took less than two hours, and recovery another two. I stayed overnight because of the general anesthetic and got home about 11 o'c this morning. Before leaving the Doctors looked at the Eye and said that there will be no reason at this time for the eye not to see. It will need to heal for three to four weeks and than will put what corrective lenses needed. While they were telling me this I asked if that was an Eye chart behind them and they responded positively.. I was ask if I could read it and I read the E and the next two lines. That measure's me at 20/125. I was working on the fourth line and my eye got tired so stopped. The Doctors were saying that this doesn't usually happen this soon after surgery and thus raised the level of success potential.

I'm still very light sensitive and have some restrictions of lifting and partying so I'm keeping a low profile for now.

Jane and I want to thanks you all for the many prayers that you had directed our way. The Team of Doctors all remarked that they knew that people were praying especially yesterday when the simplest process of all the options came into play There is a God and He was with us all these past two weeks. We still need your prayers to keep out the infection and complete the healing process. Thanks you and God Bless you all.

Tony

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Praise God!! What a blessing for that family!