Thursday, January 15, 2009

Update on Prayer Requests

I heard from our friend Justin earlier today, and his step-dad, Tony, had the first part of his surgery go well. He indicated to the doctors that he could "see some things". Please continue praying for him as he should know more tomorrow about the results of his surgery, and also that no infections develop that jeopardize his successful outcome.

Thank you all for your prayers for me. I am doing well post-surgery. I had quite a bit of pain the first few hours. I couldn't handle any light, my eyes hurt such that I couldn't open them, and water just poured out of them. After a few hours, the pain subsided a little. I had to still pry my eyes open to start my drops, but at least it was dark outside then. Somehow Jock could see me well enough to help me with my drops. Somewhere later last night I could open my eyes willingly, and was testing myself. I looked out the window and could see our neighbor snow-blowing. I could see the alarm clock from across the room (even Jock's with the small numbers--mine has jumbo ones), etc. :) Then, I think I actually got 4-5 hours of sleep last night.

This morning I had my follow-up appointment. They just checked my vision - which was good but still very cloudy at 8:00 am - and they checked to see that the flaps were tightly sitting on my eyes, and they were. I go back in three weeks,where I assume they'll do the full check-up on my eyesight, after most of the healing and done. So, throughout the day today, I've taken a couple naps (still have some eye strain off and on, depending on what I've been doing - worst when reading), tested and been amazed at what I can see (road signs, clocks from across the room, the TV, etc.), and done lots of eye drops. I have 4 kinds: two that I do 4x/day, one that I do 3x/day, and artificial tears that I can do as often as I want.

I'm most likely going back to work tomorrow. Hopefully the eye strain doesn't bother me too much, although it's gotten better throughout the day, along with the lessening of the cloudiness of my vision. The eye strain has been the worst when looking at a computer screen or reading, so I may need to take breaks. I know I have a couple meetings, so that should help. Our new building also has a quiet room and a health room, so I could probably go in there and rest for breaks if needed.

Well, I'm excited to get out of the house tonight (despite the sub-zero temps) - off to Bible study soon.

4 comments:

Katy said...

Glad to hear your surgery went well....hoping you enjoyed your time out!

Anonymous said...

so if you go to work and decide that you cant handle it, how are you going to drive home? Anyway, glad it went well and that you can see!!

Bill and Christina said...

Glad to hear that you are doing well.
Christina

Terry said...

So Glad that both surgeries went well, yours and Tonys!

My eyes get increasingly more blurry as I get older. And I can't see in the dark. I don't wear glasses but I really need to now. Terry