We got a message last week about dates for the next scheduled mission trips to the orphanage, and some more information today. We were planning to not make another trip to Haiti until Elijah & Josephine are ready to come home, but the longer we wait in each step, the longer it pushes back their homecoming timeframe. When they posted the dates, we started thinking really hard about going, and I think we're going to try to make the trip. Finances will be a little tight, but gas prices are down, we're working on refinancing the house to lower our interest rate & payments, and we definitely don't need to eat out as much as we do - probably our largest unnecessary expense.
This time is a little more complicated than our last trip, with Kaylen in school now. Last Feb/Mar, it wasn't a big deal for her to be away for a week, and when I went in July, she stayed home with Jock. Although, this trip would be partially during her spring break. So we're looking at our options before we book our flights. Jodie said flights went up already just in a few days though - sheesh!
We're also looking at collecting donations to take to the orphanage. One of their largest needs is for baby formula. We'll try to take all of our own things in one suitcase and our carry-ons, so we should be able to take a total of three Rubbermaid tubs of donations. We can't fill them 100% with formula, as they'll go over weight, but we can fit a lot in and pack around it with some clothing. Let me know if you'd like to donate anything for us to take.
2 comments:
I would like to donate, let me know when I should send it.
Jasmine (7) and I are planning on the Mar 19 trip although nothing is for sure.
Post a Comment