Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weary

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired and weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

How easily I forget, but how wonderful to be reminded!

6 comments:

kb said...

Thanks for sharing those encouraging verses. :)

Jodie said...

Thanks for sharing, Lisa!!!

Kathy Cassel said...

Weary is a very accurate word.

Lisa said...

Yes, Kathy. In more ways than one.

Natalie said...

Galatians 6:9- And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

Katy said...

Thank you for the reminder....weary is definitely the word for this process, and I need all the encouragement I can get.