


or here...

or here...
Kaylen LOVES to read, and is reading at about 2nd grade level! We've been to the library each week - checking out 6 books each week. I think we're going to have to increase that number next week or get longer books. She's finished already, only 3 days after our visit, and is re-reading them now. Since Wednesday, she's read 2 Amelia Bedelia books, a Fluffy book, a Pinky & Rex book, and two nonfiction books - one about Pumpkins and one about whales - along with a few books from home and probably several at daycare. And I do make her tell me about them, so I make sure she comprehends them - and she usually knows them word-for-word! I so proud of her reading!She's playing T-ball again this summer, so that's been fun to watch.
She is a good hitter, but not so good at throwing. If she pays attention she does OK at fielding and running the bases - if she remembers that she's supposed to step on each base. They actually started in early May, and it was very cold and windy the first week and not much warmer the next. Then they were off for Memorial Day Weekend, and then we missed game 3also. Last week's got postponed because of rain - they tacked an extra week onto the end of the season. Maybe it'll be warm and dry tomorrow for us...Kaylen's practicing riding her bike without training
wheels. It's tough and she gets frustrated easily, but she's progressing a little bit. 
We went to the zoo with visiting friends a couple weekends ago.

It was perfect weather - warm, but not too hot.
3 comments:
It will be nice when she has siblings to share the swingset and trampoline! All of our others are so much older that Jasmine sometimes plays alone too.
I think she's getting anxious to have siblings too. They're showing up more and more in her prayers. We try to keep it at "it'll still be a while yet", but I think she's starting to sense that it's getting closer too, and we're starting to get things ready for them just a bit - we got dressers last weekend.
Love the new look! And don't you love the summer and the outdoors :)
Post a Comment