Thursday, September 3, 2009

Haiti Adoption Prayer Requests

There have been several encouraging happenings lately, but along with those comes some negatives that tend to get people down. I’ve had a lot going on in life this past week or two, but along with that, several issues have been laid heavy on my heart. I cannot and do not bear the burden, but instead have been lifting them up, along with many others, to my heavenly father. Little-known to us, but He has it all under control. I continue to lift these things up, and ask that you do as well. I ask this on behalf of myself and many friends struggling through their adoption processes…

I pray for families who have waited so long and those who have much longer to go, and are weary of the process. I pray for encouragement for them, for comfort and peace during the wait. I pray for the Lord’s hand on the process itself. May the mountains that stand in the way of what is good, be thrown into the sea.

I pray for families who are struggling financially with their adoptions. One family is VERY close to having their adoption process completed, but without the funding to pay their adoption expenses, their process has come to a halt. Until paid, their beautiful girls remain in an orphanage in Haiti, unable to come home. Countless others are nearing this same realization. I pray for encouragement for these families. I pray for God to place these needs on the hearts of those able to give and help families unite.

I pray for families who have had paperwork go missing in a various office or between offices. I pray that the paperwork is located or replaced very quickly.

I pray for the Lord to sustain the health of the children and staff at the orphanage, as Haiti enters its cooler, rainy season, and as hurricane season is heating up. I pray for those who are ill, for their needs to be met and for healing.

I pray for the financial situation of the orphanage. They are facing an enormous deficit, and struggling to maintain the excellent level of care they provide for so many children.

I pray for families who are struggling with the uncertainty that comes with the unknown location or health status of their children’s birth parents. The US government requires birth parents to attend an interview and sign paperwork to ensure that the child meets the US’ orphan criteria – thus allowing the child to enter the US as an immigrant. When a birth parent cannot be found, is ill, or otherwise has difficulties traveling to the city for the interview, this creates much uncertainty on the part of the adoptive parents. I pray for the safety and health and location of the birth parents, for the interviews to be completed quickly and successfully, and for encouragement and peace for the adoptive families.

I pray for the families who have brought their children home or who are awaiting final word to bring their children home. May the Lord bless their adjustment to their “forever” families, and provide strength and encouragement for the difficult days ahead.

Please join me in prayer for these requests above.

6 comments:

kayder1996 said...

Wow! I think you hit it all. I hope whatever is wearing on you is "defeated" so to speak. Have you heard one of David Crowder's new songs with has the phrase "afflictions eclipsed by glory?" I love those words because that is how I pray all my afflictions look to others: eclipsed by His glory.

Kathy Cassel said...

Blessings Lisa. Thank you for your prayers.

Terry said...

I am joining with you in prayer Lisa. I know that the Lord will bless you abundantly for this faithful prayer for others...although I know that you aren't doing it for that reason. But God will bless you! In more ways than you could imagine. I've been praying but I think I will add your words to my prayers each morning if you don't mind. Jesus has overcome the obsticles! Terry

Bill and Christina said...

Lisa your heart has blessed me today. Your words are also so very true. Praise God that no weapon formed agaist us shall prosper. That God goes before us and prepares the way for us. Nothing takes God by surprise. He gives us the power and strength to accomplish all the things that He has set before us. Thank you so much for your prayers for all the families. God always makes a way. So let us put our ear to the track so that we may go the way He desires. Praise God for those who help us to carry our burdens. I pray that God blesses you beyond your measure!
Christina

Katy said...

AMEN!!! Wow, Lisa....your prayers spoke right to my heart. Thank you, and praying for you and with you.

Suzanne said...

Praying along with you.