I am humbled and filled with gratitude for the many friends and family that have prayed and continue to pray with us over our adoption process. While my mind is constantly drifting to our children in Haiti, and dreaming of the day we can bring them home, I am blessed by the trust and hope in our Lord. He will will fulfill his purposes and will bring our children home in HIS perfect timing. Until then, I continue to lift E & J, this adoption process, and my worries up to Him. I rest in the knowledge and peace that they are well-cared-for, and are loved by the nannies and staff at the orphange.
I faxed letters to both our US senators and our US Representative in the House. I got an email back from one of our senator's offices within a couple hours. The person that emailed me back is a friend of another family in the area that has adopted from our same orphanage, so it was nice to see her familiar name in my inbox. It's always good to know someone - and we are praying the contacts she makes on our behalf with USCIS are fruitful and help to move along the birth parent interviews and DNA testing.
I'll keep my blog updated as we learn any more details or information. Thank you all SO MUCH for your prayers!
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6.
4 comments:
Praying!
Hope they work out the DNA testing or a lot of people will be stuck in yet another step.
way to go to contact those who represent you. I heard recently that they will pretty much ignore you until the 7th time. Seven!!! That's crazy. Keep contacting them!
I heard that too recently on the news. I contacted their local office, so I think that helped. On one of the senators' websites, it said that was better than sending something to their DC office because of their convoluted (my word not his) mail system.
I actually got an email response back from someone at Senator Grassley's office within a couple hours of sending the fax, and a phone call from our house rep's office the next morning. Thought that was pretty good. I guess they want my vote. :)
Post a Comment