Since bringing Elijah & Josephine home, many people have commented at how special it is that our family is now “complete”. I struggle with that word. We don’t feel like it’s “complete” yet. We don’t feel like God is done with us yet. We feel like He has more in store for our family. At this point, we don’t know what that looks like – how many, when, where, how – no idea! So for now, we are focusing on the children He has already given us, and will remain open to His next call.
We also are praying that our journey can be a blessing to others. We have many friends who have just brought children home, will soon be bringing children home, are just starting their adoption journey, or are starting to feel that tug on their hearts towards adoption. We are praying for you, friends! If you have any questions you’re interested in about our adoptions, we’re willing to share. If you would like specific prayers for something, I’m happy to pray with you.
So many people have also commented about what a wonderful thing we’ve done, and what a blessing we are to our children. Let me just say, our children are OUR biggest blessing -- more a blessing to us than we could ever be to them. If you follow God’s calling to adopt, it may not always be easy, but you will be blessed beyond measure!
7 comments:
Amen to that sister! Did you read my post today? It's funny they are talking about the same thing almost. :)
YES!!!!!!!!!! I could have written this exact post from our hearts as well! :)
We're in this same spot. After 3.5 years of continuous waiting, we're not waiting. I'm not sure what our next step is either. (Part of me thinks that letting two three year olds get to be a bit bigger and more mature might be part of the plan!)
Christina - read your post a little after I posted this. :)
Janel - I'm praying you have Samuel in your arms - at home! - VERY soon! I can't wait to hear your next update!
Kayla - the waiting makes it hard to think about quite yet, and especially two three-year-olds make life a little bit crazy! I'm thinking getting them in school first would be good - which would likely in another 2+ years. I can't imagine full-time daycare expenses with any more right now, but God will provide if He calls...
Lisa- I have been told many times that my family is now complete, after each of my last five children!! I think that no matter how many children you have, your family is never complete. It will always continue to grow in some way, be that more children, spouses, grandchildren and so on! The more the merrier! Love you, Amy
I completely agree, so often I hear "Oh what a blessing you are to them" and I want people to know they are a blessing to us, we are learning way more than they can learn from us. It is God's story, He lead us, and leads us. As for our family...well I think we are "complete," our minivan is jam packed :) But then again...
I thought our van was pretty full - and we only have three! We have the shortest version they make of minivans, though, so not much storage room and we don't travel light. :)
Hopeful of Five - where do you live? Congrats on getting your two home from Haiti this year as well. My email is at the right of my blog if you'd like to correspond sometime. We have a few other families we get together with sometimes, and would love to have you join us if you're nearby. We're in the Des Moines area.
Post a Comment