As usual, we first head to one of the water rides that by mid-day, typically has a two-hour-long line. Elijah & Josephine had NO IDEA what was in store. Josephine did not like getting splashed, but she ultimately had fun on the ride. Most of us got at least somewhat wet - as is typical, I'm the one that got soaked. Oh well... These pix were taken quickly before we had to put the camera away.

Then Daddy & Kaylen went off to ride the Log Ride, which I don't think Elijah & Josephine could ride. (They also tried to ride a roller coaster which was apparently broken down.) I took Elijah & Josephine to the boat ride before meeting up again with Daddy and Kaylen.
Waiting in line...
Josephine liked the slow pace of this one. :)
Elijah & Josephine liked driving their big truck as well - but all my photos were blurry until after it quit and then they were bored waiting to be let off.
Girls taking a break.
Bored of the break... C'mon! Let's go over there!
That's better.
Josephine wanted to go on this one, but wasn't so sure when she realized I wasn't going. Daddy convinced her... but I think she and Elijah were a little bit scared on it. I also think Daddy wished he hadn't ridden either - given this look on his face after the ride. :)
Jock and the kids were excited for this one to start. I again agree to sit out and take fun pictures. I don't do spinny rides - my stomach can't handle them. Josephine was so excited to ride this one...
...but apparently not so excited once the spinning started.
Then I took Elijah and Josephine on the Carousel while Daddy and Kaylen rode the sky lift. I never used to be afraid of heights, but last time I tried it I got a little freaked out. And since we had the stroller and the two little kids, I opted out. This is more Josephine's kind of ride!
Elijah enjoyed it too!
We watched this ride for a while, waiting for Daddy and Kaylen to make their way back to the front of the park. When they came back I asked Josephine if she wanted to ride it and she said no. Elijah's fearless... until he gets on a ride - then he buries his head in fear. Poor guy. But the minute he got off he had a great big smile again. :)
We got in line to ride the Sky Wheel, but they weren't letting people on - and people in the front of the line were leaving, and telling us that apparently the brakes were not working right - so we decided against it too.
And finally, when we were all completely wiped out, we took a train ride to end our day.
(Don't know who the blond kid is behind the girls, but it's a good picture of the three of us.)We also went to the new waterpark area for a while in the middle of the day. It was SOOOOOO crowded that it was hard to get anywhere or do anything! We didn't do much more back there than just relax and cool off in the water. Kaylen and I went down one of the water slides a couple times, and Daddy and Kaylen went down one also.
Overall, it was a fun day - despite the crowds and not being able to ride many rides. The kids all said they had fun, and so did we. Although, Kaylen did seem a little disappointed that she didn't ride any roller coasters - even though the thing she most wanted to do when we arrived was go to the waterpark portion. She didn't really complain though - just made that observation a few times. (sigh)
Kaylen asked me what my favorite part of the day was, and I told her that it was watching them have fun. She says, "No, I mean what was your favorite ride?!" I love roller coasters and rides (except for the spinny ones), but I hardly rode any rides all day long - watching and documenting with photos as the kids went on things, keeping the little kids having fun when Daddy and Kaylen would go wait in line for the bigger-kid rides, babysitting the stroller, etc. It was still so much fun!
...Things you never think you'll say until you're a mom! (As a kid, I always thought my mom was lying when she'd say stuff like that - just so we didn't feel bad that she didn't get to do the fun stuff... because as a kid you can't imagine it being fun when you don't get to ride the rides. I was wrong, she wasn't lying! :)
Summary:
Ride Wimps: Josephine & Mommy
Ride Iron-Woman: Kaylen
Ride Iron-Man Fakers/Wannabees: Elijah & Daddy
A fun day at Adventureland with the family: Priceless!!!
1 comment:
It looks like fun! We have a similar place but it's four hours away and we haven't done it yet. Maybe in the spring.
Post a Comment