Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Random Fall Insanity

Well, our busy fall season is upon us - even if it is still technically summer for a couple more weeks. School has started (3 weeks ago already!), Awana has started, Kaylen starts soccer this week (first practice tonight & tomorrow, game Saturday), Elijah starts soccer next week (1 hour Saturdays only for 6 weeks). Then next week, bring on the appointments - hearing screening, eye doctor, immunizations.

I finally finished filling out our 2009 taxes. I'd filed for an extension, because I wasn't sure on how to complete the adoption credit paperwork. I finally found some documentation that showed that you can do the federal credit either the year the adoption is finalized overseas, or the year it's finalized in our state. But, since the kids are not yet US Citizens - and since our adoption overseas was technically finalized in late 2008, we decided to do it for 2010. Can't wait to get our refunds - too bad they're already spent - probably on all the stuff we have to do to complete the adoption/citizenship paperwork! (More on the adoption stuff later.)

Now that it's cooler outside, we're going to try to get done some outdoor projects on the weekends (in between soccer games) - like fixing our window well, winterizing the garden (although we're still getting tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers), cleaning up a madly overgrown landscaping bed, working on the lawnweeds, etc.

And I have to travel out of town for a 2-day meeting tomorrow (one overnight). That leaves Jock to handle daycare pick-up, supper, soccer practices, and our adult Bible study, all in the same night. Then getting them home to bed and back to daycare/school the next morning. And hopefully there are no potty accidents at daycare, or he'll be restocking the backpack(s) as well. Yikes - well, I'll get it all laid out for him. Pray for his sanity, and that he and the kids get to where they need to be, when they need to be. :)

Maybe while I'm enjoying the peace and quiet of my hotel room (after a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNG afternoon of meetings that go through and past supper), I'll have a chance to work on catching up on some blog posts - ha! We did do some fun stuff this summer that hasn't been documented yet - like going to Adventureland, the Iowa State Fair, our Labor Day Weekend, gardening/canning, and some other fun stuff. I'll get caught up... maybe... eventually...

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

It sounds crazy!

I decided not to put the twins in sports this fall and focus on appropriate behavior at school first.

Julie said...

Good luck getting caught up! I have given up! Blessings-