Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ice Skating

A few weeks ago we had a beautiful 40-degree day, with nothing else going on, and our shopping mostly done, so we decided to go have some fun - ice skating! It was a first for Elijah & Josephine, and we weren't quite sure how it was going to go. I commented on our way there, that I figured we'd have one natural, and one that would struggle. I was partially right - one was a natural - just not the one I thought it'd be. Not really any struggles.Josephine wasn't the one I anticipated being the natural, but she was pretty much dragging me around on the ice - fast! She fell a few times, but not a lot (although I caught her a lot at the beginning). "Mom, it's too slippery!" If she hadn't been so scared to let go of my hand, she could've gone off on her own quite well. I wasn't really steadying her balance much towards the end - just holding her hand because of her fears.
Elijah was a daredevil, but not so steady. He was letting go and doing pretty well after a while but slow going.
Kaylen was hesitant at first, but then remembered how to do it. Funny though, she looks so clumsy when she's out on the ice - although she sort of is actually. :)

We all had a great time! Hopefully we can make it out again before the winter's over.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Ice skating Haitians! I love it!!