Tuesday, March 6, 2012

J's Recent Hairstyles

I haven't blogged about Josephine's hair styles for quite some time. Thought I'd share a few of her more recent hair styles:

Christmas hair:

















Just to show how fuzzy Christmas hair got after 6 weeks:













January - it took a long time to take out so many braids, so we went for simple. Josephine asked for buns, so buns she got!


Valentine's Day Hair - in progress:
This was the first time I'd every tried a shape, and it was so fun. She was so excited to show her Valentine's heart to everyone!





















The final product:
I wasn't excited with how the bottom looked. Those twists just kind of ended. Eventually I ended up pulling them together into a pony. Probably should have angled them straight down instead of having them all end in the middle would've looked better. But it still looked cute, and she was happy with it. I'd also originally planned to continue the twists towards the front too, but ran out of time, so I left it in the three chunky twists to match the heart-shaped twist. It worked fine.







Just to be silly:

















Pom-Pom hair (interim hairstyle):
I was in a hurry to take out the previous hairstyle, and make it look clean and cute for family pictures on Saturday morning. I knew I didn't have time to put it something fancy, so I decided to go somewhat free. For Josephine, free doesn't work too well, because her hair is so long. So we went with 4 ponies. These photos were taken at home after family pictures, lunch, and a nap, so it's a little matted down one one side. Can you tell which side she sleeps on? :)

It's amazing how much her hair shrivels up as it dries. Compare this to how long her twists/braids are in the previous photos! She got a ton of compliments on her "pom-pom" hair, at church Sunday, and again at daycare. We all marveled at how different she looks when she has big hair, as compared to when her hair is tightly pulled back. So cute!

But, it's so hard to comb through when it's been left free for any length of time. She cries when we have to comb through - no matter how gentle I try to be, and how much detangling/conditioning product I use. That, combined with the attention she got with the pom-pom hair, she was not very happy to be moving on to to another hairstyle already. We're working this week on a style themed for St. Patrick's Day. I'll post photos of that later. We're not quite done yet.

1 comment:

Janel said...

These styles look so GREAT! I need to schedule some sessions to come watch you do a style and to hear first-hand your hair routine. I need to get prepared!