The plan... pastels for easter/spring. These are pink, purple, green, orange, and yellow pony beads, and multi-color pastel flower beads as the anchor, held on with yellow bands. I decided to do box braids, and thought I'd pull the front ones back away from her face with some of our cute clips that we don't use very often now that her hair is too long/thick to leave free.

I combed out small sections at a time, to make the comb-out of the pom-poms less painful... and it worked. It was nearly tear-free! I sectioned into clips as I went. Then when all was combed/parted, I started braiding at the bottom. My parts aren't exactly straight or even, but it worked. Note to self for next time: make the sections smaller, because her hair is getting thick! I had a hard time getting the beads on a few of these sections. Especially since I trimmed her ends a month or so ago, I REALLY notice that her ends are thicker too. (I also noticed that I didn't exactly trim evenly - that one on the bottom left is about an inch longer than the other three in the bottom tier - oops!)

This was when we stopped Saturday afternoon. The back was done. The front still looked decent with the St. Patrick's Day twists, so it was a good stopping point for the day.

Sunday's task was to take out the twists, and put in box braids. Once the front box braids were in, Josephine chose which clips she wanted me to put in to hold back the braids from her face.


She wasn't very happy about taking the clips out for her shower and bedtime, but they wouldn't be very comfortable to sleep on! When I told her that she could pick out her clips every morning, she was excited about that.
1 comment:
I never thought about clipping them back like that. Jasmine's hair is much shorter in front than back and I'm not sure why. Sometimes the top middle sections turn out too thick and then I divide the square diagonally into two braids and it comes out pretty cute.
Post a Comment