Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Elijah - Kindergarten, Aug 2012

At Meet the Teacher night, Elijah was so excited to see all the toys in the room! Especially the tub of dinosaurs. I could hardly pry him away from the bin to get a photo of him with his teacher! His teacher seems really nice. She's new to the school, but has several years' experience at another nearby district.
Jock cut Elijah's hair the weekend before school started, so he'd be all ready. We always have to have a new outfit and shoes for the first day of school. Good thing, because Elijah's summer sandals broke the weekend before school started. He chose a cool Batman shirt, and likes the black tennis shoes we found as well. Usually I'll get the kids new backpacks as well, but he was content with his Cars backpack that he took to Disney World last fall, that has rarely been used since.
I can't believe he's in Kindergarten! He's had a good first few days of school so far. I asked him what he did each day, and at first he'd say his standard response from when he'd be at daycare all day: "Play." (Yup, that's it.) Then he corrected himself, and said, "No, we didn't play at all. But... we played outside 3 times." Before school started, he was excited for lunch - that's all I could get out of him. Yup, typical boy, the highlights of the day are recess and lunch.
So proud of my big boy, now a Kindergartner!

No comments: