Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Adoption (Non-)Update 9/5/12

Well, what we'd hoped regarding the Parquet stamp on our adoption decree wasn't. Monday night, when GLA updated their adoption status page, ours still hadn't moved - we're through Courts and Attestation, but not yet in Legalization. I was VERY bummed to see that. :(

However, I'm encouraged today, hearing that several families that we know adopting from GLA have gotten through Parquet - so that means the new Parquet Commissioner is indeed working on adoption papers. I'm hopeful that our adoption decree might now have its stamp, and has been submitted to the Ministry of Justice (aka MOJ) for legalization (like notarizing). After that will be the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (aka MAE) legalization (again, like notarizing), then Ministry of Interior (aka MOI = Haitian immigration/passport application). Although, we probably won't hear another update until we enter MOI.

Please continue praying with us that we get through MOJ and MAE legalizations quickly and enter MOI.

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Still hoping he's home by Christmas.

kayder1996 said...

Hoping you hear good news...