And regarding MOI and passport printing, here are the timelines for two previous families adopting from GLA who've gone through:
Family T: Entered MOI 7/26, exited MOI 9/4, passport printed 9/17
Family M: Entered MOI 8/22, exited MOI 9/18, passport printed 9/21
Family T has their son's visa already, and are making travel preparations - so exciting!!! However, I can't use their post-passport timeline to guesstimate what ours might look like because they are a Canadian family. I am watching closely to when Family M gets their I-600 approval and visa, as they are a US family and we'll follow the same process as they do. They were told that US visas were averaging a month to process.
It's so encouraging seeing MOI and passport-printing moving so quickly! It gives me hope that James could be home before Christmas, but there are a lot of IFs to get beyond first. I keep thinking in my head, IF we get into MOI by the first week of October, and IF we exit MOI in 4 weeks that puts us at the week of Oct 29, then IF it takes 1 week for printing his passport that puts us at the week of November 5, then IF his visa is ready in a month, we're looking at the first or second week of December, and IF we can make travel plans on short order, he COULD be home before Christmas!
That's a lot of IFs! And, that's taking the shortest timeframe I've heard of recently! We know GOD can accomplish this, but we know HIS will and timing are perfect, so I'm trying to rest in that, instead if getting my heart set on a specific time period.
As far as what works for us, it'd be awesome if he could come home early December. Jock and I would both be able to take time off for the adjustment period. Jock may not be able to hold over the vacation time he's saved up from 2012, into 2013. On the other hand, I think about how overwhelming it could be for a child to join a new family/home during the holidays? We probably wouldn't be able to travel or spend much time with our extended families all together if he came home right before Christmas either.
But whatever comes of our adoption timeline, we'll take.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28.So, when people ask when we might have James home, I keep saying, we're hoping that he'll be home for Christmas, but it'll be tight. We really don't know for sure, and won't until the time comes. :)
2 comments:
Hoping for Christmas for you. You may have to scale down Christmas this year not to overwhelm him. I was glad the twins came home in January so they had time to settle in before either their birthday or Christmas.
Good news!
Post a Comment