The Down Side:
This morning, while walking out of daycare after dropping my kids off, I see a little girl about the same age as James. I see this little girl nearly every day, as her older brother is the about same age as Elijah & Josephine, but for some reason, today I completely lose it. I barely make it back to my car before the tears overflow. I just sit in my car for a few minutes before backing out of my parking space and heading to work, pleading with God that he bring James home quickly. I miss him so much!
As I get back on the road, the local Christian radio station, that God frequently uses to speak to my heart, again plays the right song at the right time. The next song to play is, “Carry Me to the Cross,” by Kutless, followed by, “Before the Morning,” by Josh Wilson.
The tears flow freely as I soak up the lyrics, hearing God speak to me, “I’m not alone … you carry me … you comfort me, lift me up from my knees and carry me,” and “the pain that (I’ve) been feeling can’t compare to the joy that’s coming.” I could go on and on. Every single lyric in both songs was God speaking right to my heart, “I’ve got this.”
Thank you Lord for leading me through the tough days! And Thank you to the musical artists and those at the station selecting the music, for being the instrument of God's reaching out to our community!
The Good News:
So as this emotional roller coaster continues, it's only fitting that we should get an update on our adoption process this afternoon. Our paperwork is now in the Ministry of Interior! This is where they will process and approve James' passport application.
From the short timelines we've heard lately, MOI could take as little as 4-6 weeks, plus 3 days-2 weeks for them to print James' passport. After that it goes to the US side. I-600 approval I have heard from someone recently that it took about a week. Then next is 4 weeks for the visa appointment after which the visa is usually printed the next day and an exit approval letter from IBESR within a couple days.
So... all this to say we could be looking at as short as 10 weeks, or it could be longer. Trying to prepare and hope for the shorter, but keep the realization that those timelines could easily extend to longer.
Thank you all for your prayers on this journey. We can feel them, and God is answering! Please pray with us that our paperwork would be on the short end of these timelines. We'd REALLY love to have James home in December! Pray for our lawyer/processors, orphanage staff, staff in each government office our paperwork passes through, and also for James and us as he'll be joining our family soon!
3 comments:
Praying that is shorter than short!!!
Hope it's soon.I remember those days of waiting. I had a total meltdown in Target one time looking at the display of bowling and golf sets and ball sets on an end. I'm sure everyone thought I was nuts bursting into tears in the toy section.
Short short short...wishing that for you. (Said as someone dealing with her own adoption emotions...not quite from the same place but still the raw and on edge ones.)
Post a Comment