The kids have been enjoying staying home and playing with their new toys, games, and movies this past week with Dad (I worked Weds-Fri). Tonight they were having a lot of fun playing with play-dough. Elijah got a building set that makes I-beams, wrecking balls, bricks, etc., with play-dough the colors of wood, bricks and concrete. But the girls played too, and some older pink play-dough came out. They were all being so silly and having so much fun!Tomorrow Jock goes back to work and the kids go back to a full day at daycare - it's pajama day, so Elijah was very excited. Less excitement about PJ-day from the girls. Tuesday we have another day at home. I plan to make Haitian Pumpkin soup - a traditional dish prepared on New Year's Day - also Haiti's Independence Day (more on that later). Today I made the spices that will be used to marinate the meat, and we used some of it for supper tonight - mmmmmmmm!!!
Wednesday will be another full daycare day for the kids, followed by two school days to finish out the week. The younger two were a little confused by this week's schedule, but it's going to get a little more confusing soon, because...
Jock and I are going to Haiti; James is coming home!!! James' final exit paper was either ready on Friday or will be ready tomorrow. It seems we should have gotten that news on Friday, but somehow it didn't come until today -- all that worrying and grumpiness for nothing! (Actually, I've found that towards the end of this adoption process, that on the days when I was absolutely at my wit's end, were days that we received good news, or something good happened that we heard about later. God is good!)
Tomorrow we will be working on travel plans - contacting our travel agency for flight options, contacting GLA for approval, and then booking flights! We are very excited! Packing is under way (actually has been for a few days, as we anticipated things moving very quickly when we got the news. More details on that when we know more.


1 comment:
Yay!!! This second one seems so much different than the lengthy wait of the first one. Or had you not waited that long the first time? We were at three years from choosing and just a couple months less from taking our dossier.
Post a Comment