Friday, August 14, 2009

Congratulations

Over the past year or two, we've gotten together with 4 other families in the process of adopting from Haiti, that live in our area. We get together to let our kids play together (the ones we have home - adopted or bio), commiserate about the adoption process - kind of a support system, dream about when our kids come home, etc. We got to know them through online message boards. One is adopting from the same orphanage as we are, and the other three families from three different orphanages - all in various stages of the adoption process.

I am happy to share that two of these families are in Haiti right now, to bring their 5 (3 and 2) children home! One family is flying in tomorrow, and the other early next week. We're going to the airport to greet one family as they arrive. The other family will be flying into a different airport a couple hours away, so they're not having a celebration at the airport but will wait a few weeks to have a picnic with friends and family to meet their children.

I cannot tell you how excited I am for these two families. As you well know, this process is VERY long and a huge test of faith and patience. As I see these families coming together, I can only imagine how awesome it will be when our children arrive, and I hope that when they arrive, many of you who are helping us get through this wait will be there celebrating with us. I pray that it's not much longer until that day comes when the Lord brings our two children home to us!

Please pray with us for these two families:
- for safe travels - yesterday & today, through tomorrow next week for one family.
- for no snags in the printing of these 5 precious children's visas.
- for no delays getting through immigration in Florida on their way home to Iowa.
- for smooth transitions for the parents and all 8 children in these two families - 5 adopted and 3 bio.

Praise to our Lord for the blessing of families being united! He has moved mountains too numerous to count, and provided the strength for them to get through, until this time of celebration! May He continue to do marvelous works in these two families and many more!

3 comments:

Katy said...

Congratulations indeed! I am praying for them too....the day we have waited so long for can actually seems real when these children start coming home. How neat that you live close.

Terry said...

I am so jealous! Oh to have a support system right here!

Lisa said...

There were a ton of people at the airport today from their church as well. They prayed them all the way home and then some - same for our church family as well, is a huge support system, but yes, different and nice having people nearby that truly understand what we're going through. You'll just have to move to Iowa, Terry! :)