Saturday, August 1, 2009

July'09 Adoption Update

Well, we got our update on Wednesday, a few days early this month. Our files still have not been submitted to MOI. They are waiting for the abstracts to be ready. I was so bummed to hear this news this week. But I had a good cry, and I'm back at waiting on God to make this happen. This waiting is harder and longer than we ever could have imagined, before we started this process!

We did hear a tiny bit of news on the birth parent updates. Josephine's father is ready for his (they have to make sure they have a proper photo ID, and time available to go. So, we're praying that he'll have that completed soon. We're also praying for Elijah's mother, although there was no update on her. I assume that the staff is working on getting her back in the city long enough to make sher she has her proper identification, and stays in PAP long enough to set up and go to an appointment. Please pray with us on these, and that there are no DNA requests that would cause more issues getting them into yet another appointment.

We know several families, from our orphanage and others, that have just gotten out of MOI (office that approves Haitian passport), have just had passports printed, are waiting on the US to approve or print their children's visa before they can come home. These are the steps we have left, and we're excited to see these children united with their forever families.

3 comments:

Jodie said...

I'm so sorry the process is taking so much longer!

Kathy Cassel said...

Hoping we both go into MOI soon.

Julie said...

Praying for movement! Hang in there--