Thursday, October 15, 2009

Other Bloggers

I wanted to do another update on the Wyatt's. Last I heard from Christina was that they were nearing the amount needed to start the DNA testing. They are still in need of funding to complete their adoption. Thank you to those of you who've checked out their blog and prayed for them, donated, or bid on their auction items. The auction is still going on, so head on over here to check it out.

Last week, I was reading some of the online articles of my hometown newspaper. I came across an awesome article about a family that is starting an adoption from Ethiopia. I've since connected with them a bit, and found that they are also doing an auction to help with their adoption expenses. Check out their auction blog, or their adoption blog.

Finally, while reading Journey4Hope's adoption blog, I came across a link to the Sullivan family's blog. I'd heard bits and pieces about this family from a couple other sources, but never put it together until I read their blog. The first I heard of them was from our social worker who'd said that another of her families was at the airport the day we celebrated our friends' arrival home with their three children they adopted from the same orphanage in Haiti where our children are living. Our social worker mentioned that they were at the airport by chance, picking someone else up from that same flight when they got to witness the celebration. Then, when we got together with our friends about a month ago, she mentioned their son is playing basketball in Jake Sullivan's Kingdom Hoops program. When I found their blog last week, I put it all together. They are now starting a program in Ghana and are also planning to adopt from Ghana. They've just started posting more details of their program planning on their blog - what an AWESOME story. I love reading adoption stories - but this is much, much more. What a heart they have for orphans, and for giving the gift of opportunities to children in third world countries. I can't wait to continue to follow where the Lord leads this family! Head on over to their blog, but to get the full effect, start with their Tuesday, October 13th post, titled "Before I start", and work backwards from there.

Happy blog-reading!

3 comments:

Bill and Christina said...

Thank you Lisa!

Julie said...

How neat that God has given you these connections!

Tamara B said...

Thanks for sharing! It has been so fun to talk to you and I look forward to meeting you and hearing more about your stories of faith in adoption.