Saturday, December 12, 2009

Busy weekend!

Saturday morning I got the aforementioned update on our adoption paperwork. I saw the email right away when I woke up and spent some time praying over that while Jock and Kaylen were downstairs. When I came downstairs we had a little family prayer meeting to pray for E & J's adoption. Then we got to work making some Christmas goodies. When we were finished dipping pretzels (and licking the spoons! :), Kaylen played a computer game, Jock got to work on clearing the remaining drift from the sidewalk and the last half of the snow the street plows piled at the end of our driveway. I got some laundry started... normal Saturday stuff.

After a quick lunch, Kaylen played and then folded her laundry, Jock played with Kaylen and on his computer after a brief nap, and I got to work putting together Elijah's blanket and pillowcase that I'd gotten for him for his birthday last year - just never put them together! I got the pillowcase sewn and the blanket sewn. It's a blanket with fringe ties, but I also sewed together the two fleece pieces in case the ties come undone - but didn't have time to finish the ties before we headed over to our friends' house for an awesome Christmas party with our Bible study group. Jock helped me cut the fringe and I tied, finishing half Saturday night and the rest Sunday. It turned out really cute!

Sunday after church we were lazy for a bit, went to a brief meeting at our new church building, and then started working on Josephine's blanket & pillowcase but didn't get very far. Jock's aunt stopped by for a bit and we had a nice visit. Then dinner, Kaylen's reading and bedtime, and my usual Sunday walk.

Up this week: I would like to finish Josephine's blanket and pillowcase and then will post pictures. I hope to get most of my Christmas shopping done during my lunch breaks and maybe a couple evenings. I have a recipe night with some friends that will be fun! We HAVE to go get our fingerprints redone on Wednesday (they only day they do them in Iowa) for our USCIS adoption paperwork - they expire Wednesday! Our Bible study group meets at our house Thursday. Next weekend, I'm sure, will be more holiday preparations - probably wrapping the Christmas gifts, some usual weekend chores, and also some usual weekend laziness. I can't believe Christmas is at the end of next week already! Where does the time go?!?

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Sounds like you have enough to keep you busy : )

Tamara B said...

wow, you are keeping super busy! May the search for E's mom be successful so you can get the kids soon!