Monday, December 21, 2009

Year-End Giving Suggestions

I know many people look for year-end charitable giving options - either for tax purposes, or for Christmas gifts in honor of someone, or you're ahead of your budget for the year. I've thought I'd suggest a few:
  • A friend is raising funds to bring their daughters from Haiti. They are VERY near the end of the process. (Can be tax-deductible, I believe.)
  • Another friend is selling raffle tickets for a vacation package. Proceeds go towards their adoption expenses.
  • Our orphanage sent out an update regarding a new law passed in Haiti, raising the minimum wage, in turn increasing the staffing expenses at the orphanage. More info here. (Tax-deductible.)
There are many, many others. I pray you'll consider blessing these families and/or our orphanage with a donation - or at least share these with others. The LORD will provide, and may all the glory go to HIM!

1 comment:

Bill and Christina said...

Oh Lisa! What a wonderful heart you have! Thank you so much!!! I am so truly blessed by your heart.

Christina