Friday evening:
Jock & the kids played outside a bit while I fixed angel-hair alfredo with breaded chicken & veggies - and Jock fixed garlic texas toast. Then bedtime for the kids, and a haircut and mowing the front lawn for Jock.
Saturday:
I went for a run, then came home to find Jock still asleep and Elijah & Josephine were upstairs holding up their hands to show me something. I could tell they were really proud of themselves for putting lotion on themselves... until I went upstairs and I could then smell it as they showed me the tube ... of A&D ointment ... nice! Got them all washed up, got them dressed and put real lotion on them, then took all three kids to the grocery store. Jock was going to make French toast for breakfast, but we were out of syrup. Came home with syrup, strawberries, bananas and milk, and donuts for the weekend. The French toast was AWESOME!!!
Jock finished mowing the back yard while the kids were jumping on the trampoline. Jock weeded the garden for me!!!
I got some laundry done, and then Kaylen and I went out to get pedicures (and Kaylen got her fingernails painted also). Kaylen didn't know what the plans were, just that I had something fun planned for just the two of us. On the way there she was trying to guess - movies, eating out, going to a park, etc... I finally gave her a clue that we were going to be pampered, and she thought we were going to a beauty show -- until we pulled into the parking lot. Right next to the nail place was a shop called "Wine Styles". Um... no. She wasn't sure how things worked, but realized quickly that she had to sit still. She really liked it though - always does when we have one-on-one time together.We came home to lunch - Jock cooked brats on the grill, then naps. After naps we went to the mall to hit a Memorial Day sale and the play area. Then home for supper, baths and bedtime. All the kids were excited to put on their new jammies after baths! :)
Sunday:
We went to the early service, came home for more backyard fun to wear off some energy, then went out for lunch with friends - BBQ!!!
After naps, I think we spent the remainder of the day outside, except for the quick supper. This included jumping on the trampoline, playing on the swingset, and running through the sprinklers before dinner. Josephine & Elijah were scared of the sprinklers for some reason. At first they'd go stand near them but they'd run out of range as soon as they'd move towards them. But they wouldn't even do that later on. Jock dumped water from his water bottle on them, which they liked, so then we tried to give them a cup to fill in the sprinklers, but that didn't work either. Elijah would even let Jock spray him with the hose, but Josephine wouldn't go near him. Oh well, they still had such fun running around!
After dinner we had ice cream cones outside on the front porch (except Elijah because he didn't finish his supper), then rode bikes for a while before bedtime. Both Josephine & Elijah ride tricycles at daycare, and I was amazed at how well they are at waiting for one another, or going around/past each other without hitting - and they can steer. Kaylen's good on her bike now, but still not so good at stopping/waiting and steering - she was told to put her bike away early for running into E&J. Josephine was finally starting to pedal instead of pushing it with her feet on the ground by the end of the night. Elijah's just a natural - he'd only ridden tricycles before this.(Yes, we know the bike Elijah is riding is pink with Disney princesses on it. He doesn't care. We just haven't had a chance to get one for him yet. Hey, at least we didn't make him wear the princess helmet. :)
After bedtime, Jock and I went back outside to cut lettuce and spinach, before retreating.
Monday:
We all slept in a bit (I think all of the kids may have been awake a bit during the thunderstorm), but then I went for a run while Jock got the kids breakfast. Then we all headed outside - I think we were out there all day except for naptime and meals. In the morning the kids played on the trampoline, with their balls, and on the swingsets.
After lunch and naptime, they put on their swimsuits, and played in the kiddie pool in the backyard for a couple hours. I think it was a little chilly, so after they'd splash around for a while they'd dry off and jump on the
trampoline for a while - back and forth, back and forth.


We had ice cream sandwiches somewhere mid-afternoon (Josephine was done first and promptly says, "Ion mowa", aka "I want more"). We came in for an early supper, then had lots of time for reading books to settle down before baths and bedtime. I think they were sufficiently worn out!What a marvelous weekend!!! Only four more two-day weekends before 4th of July vacation!!!
2 comments:
Lisa all of your children are beautiful! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and ordering a shirt. At the latest I should be able to get them in time from the vendor to ship them out when we return from our trip on the 22nd. It is so cool to see your children home and happy from the same place we will be working!
Kari
For a second I thought I may had been reading something I wrote! I chuckled at your hubby asleep on the couch and the kids...oh yeah :) Glad to hear you get out for some you time to run and how wonderful that you and your oldest could spend some precious time together as well. Our sweet Carl rides his sisters princess bike all the time, he calls it his and is proud as could be! Enjoy the weekend!
Post a Comment