Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Elijah!


It's so special to be able to finally help Elijah celebrate a birthday. We've did something small for Elijah and Josephine on their birthdays while they were in Haiti, but what a wonderful feeling to be able to have him celebrate it. They did monthly group birthday celebrations at the orphanage for the older kids, but I don't think they did anything for the babies/toddlers.

I took Elijah to the store to pick out his cupcakes for daycare treats, and the cake, frosting/decorations, and plates/napkins for his family party. Josephine and Kaylen were both a little put out that it wasn't about them, but that's to be expected I suppose. I really want to make this a special day for him, and he's been home long enough - and celebrated enough other birthdays - to know what it's all about. He was so proud of everything. It was sitting on the counter, and he kept coming over to look at it and tell us all, "Elijah Birthday", and I'd remind him that it was for tomorrow. We also worked a bit on putting up 4 fingers and saying the number 4 when people ask how old he is. That'll be interesting, because he can't say the "f" sound, and it comes out as "Powa". He's also having a hard time holding his thumb down without the pinky to hold down. He'll get it though.

We love you Elijah, and wish you a WONDERFUL 4th birthday! And we thank God for bringing you home to us, and that we can celebrate this day with you!

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy!

Tracy said...

What an adorable photo!!!! Happy Bday to him!!