Tuesday, June 19, 2012

James' Update - May 2012

We got our May update about James a couple weeks after we returned home.
Happy Mothers Day from James!

May holds a number of special holidays. Haitian Flag Day is on the 18th of May. This year that day fell on a Friday. The children at the Toddler House enjoyed a parade and singing through their neighborhood on Flag Day. Haiti is a truly beautiful country and if you have had the opportunity to come visit GLA you will know that the view from the balconies of all of our homes is truly breathtaking. In order to honor that beauty we have been blessed with, I wanted to highlight the incredible landscape we see each day by taking pictures of the kids with this view as the backdrop. The lighting posed some problems with the sun coming in and out but I think this months photos capture a small glimpse into the beauty that Haiti holds.

May also holds a special holiday we call Mother’s Day, which is celebrated the last Sunday in May here in Haiti, the same as it is in France. It is an honor to recognize the mothers that are waiting for their children to come home. It is certainly a special calling to be a mother of an adopted child and whether this is your first adoption or you have adopted several children, we at GLA want you to know that you are appreciated and loved by us and by the child who is waiting to be at home with you. I am sure with the passing of Mother’s Day this month you have thought about the child this update discusses.

It was a true blessing to meet both of you this month. I am so happy you got a chance to meet James and spend some time with him over the course of a few days. He is a fun little guy and I can tell he is going to fit seamlessly into your family. He continues to enjoy some time on the balcony each day as we now have more volunteers. He loves to spend time in the swimming pool splashing around. It has been a true joy to see this little guy blossom and grow over the past month. I assure you that we will continue to do out very best to care for James until you are able to bring him home with you.

I included a few photos of you with James from your time here. ENJOY!

James is healthy and growing: Height: 80 cm Weight: 23 lb 12 oz Happy Mother’s Day!

Blessings, Susie

No comments: