Congratulations Jock and Lisa! Great news! Your adoption of James has just been approved by Parquet. This week, we are preparing your dossier to enter the courts, in which we will create the civil court document and the Act of Adoption. This is when James will legally become your child and take your family name of Naert.After our last adoption, it's hard to believe how fast this one is going! IBESR took 10 months for Elijah & Josephine - 10 weeks for James. Parquet took 7-8 months for Elijah & Josephine - 2 months for James! And they're saying courts/attestation/legalization might be only a month - it was about 7 months for Elijah & Josephine between Parquet approval and MOI entry. Amazing! The 4-6 months Dixie told us was possible the day before we left in May is a very real possibility... James could be home for Christmas! :)
After the courts, we will ask National Archives for an attestation signature for the Act of Adoption and then we will legalize the Haitian legal documents in both the Department of Justice and Minister of Foreign Affairs (MAE). These steps together – courts, attestation signature, legalization, and MAE – should take approximately one month to complete.
Then, we can apply for James’s passport in the Minister of Interior’s (MOI) office. I may not always have the time to email you as we exit each step, but I will, however, be sure to email you when we apply for James' passport at MOI.
Once again, congratulations on being one step closer to taking your angel home!
Jock and I met for lunch right after we heard this news. On the way to the restaurant, the song "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns came on my radio. I shed a few tears as I thought about how I've been letting my doubts creep in about just how soon James could be home. I hear things are moving much more smoothly and quickly than they have previously, and I see it happening in our adoption, yet I'm skeptical. That song was a good reminder of God's goodness as we go through this process. He will bring James home in His perfect timing, and I just need to trust in His timing. I have had a peace about this adoption that I cannot describe. It's really quite unbelievable considering how difficult Elijah & Josephine's adoption was. And even through my unbelief, I believe God has given me that peace to trust in His ways. Thank you Jesus for carrying me through this adoption process. It's amazing to look back and see God's hand in this adoption, and He deserves all the praise and honor and glory!
Oh, and to add to our excitement, we got our monthly update with new photos Monday too. I'll post those tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment