Friday, April 26, 2013

Missing Teeth

Before spring break, Elijah had a few teeth that were loose – his two front teeth on the top, and one on the bottom next to the middle teeth he lost last August. Josephine also had one of her bottom ones loose. They sat on the steps one day wiggling their teeth, and James decided to join in. No, luckily no loose teeth for James yet, but he thought it was fun to be a part of the group!

One of Elijah’s top permanent teeth had already come in behind his baby teeth, and was pushing one of his baby teeth forward. He looked pretty funny for a while, and we kept reminding him to wiggle them and get them out! The Monday of spring break, Elijah and James were wrestling around in their room, right when they woke up (I wasn’t even out of bed yet!). Suddenly Elijah ran into my room, hand over his mouth, whimpering. I could see the blood and was afraid of what had happened… until I saw tooth in his hand and realized that’s what he’d been trying to tell me. Yay!

I got him all cleaned up, and then saw that the other loose tooth was now hanging by a thread, so I asked his permission before yanking it out as well. It was nice to have both of them gone. Both permanent teeth were already there, they just moved forward to their correct spots after the baby teeth were out. So he never really could have sung the “All I want for Christmas” song, as he didn’t really have the “two front teeth” missing space.

The week I went back to work, we all came down with colds and/or strep throat. We ended up staying home and watching our church service live on the internet (love that option when we need it!). During that service, while sitting still and (probably not) listening, Elijah took the time to wiggle out his next tooth. So he has lost 5 teeth so far.








Since Josephine and Elijah both had the same tooth wiggly, she was pretty upset that she lost the “race” to get that tooth out. But hers was out within a few more days as well. This is the third tooth she’s lost so far. She lost her 2 front bottom teeth last fall. I think her top two middle teeth are just starting to get wiggly.

The tooth fairy has been busy with trips to our house the last month!

No comments: