Saturday, July 19, 2008

Another fun weekend...

Last Saturday we went to a parade with some friends. We all had fun, despite getting rained on. At least it wasn't pouring - just sprinkles. It was still a great success - all the children had lots of candy by the end!


We then stopped by the bank to get some files notarized that I have to take to Haiti with me - but all the bankers there had just returned from walking in the parade, and didn't have their notary stuff with them. Ugh!!! That was frustrating, as we made a point to go that morning - so instead we had to find another branch closer to our offices to do it over our lunch hour.

Saturday evening we'd planned to have a picnic and games with a couple other families. Well, one family had a sick child, so we instead had a quick supper at home, before heading to the other family's house for some fun games. It's hard to get us all together, but we always enjoy it when we can!

Sunday our church teamed up with another church in town to host a community service, outdoors at one of the local school's football stadium. Last year it was held at a park at 11 and was sweltering by then - today was at 8:30, and a beautiful morning for it! I loved the songs, and a good message from the other church's pastor.

After church we came home and put together the trampoline. We had it almost done before lunch. Jock went out and finished tying down the netting straps after lunch, while Kaylen took a nap, and I started in on laundry and packing. I got most of my packing done by 6:00 before I had to start in on dinner. Now just a few things that I forgot to pick up at Walmart, and those last-minute toiletries yet to be packed I think - and trying not to pull things out to wear before the trip (much harder this time around given it's summer here as well!) - and waiting!

Here's where Kaylen could be found most of the rest of the afternoon after her nap - go figure! The only rule we have - so far - is no flips! (She got hurt (although mildly) trying that one other weekend like the bigger cousins at Grandpa's house, so fancy tricks are off-limits - we're such mean parents, aren't we?!)

No comments: