What does one do when she returns from Haiti? Well, I wouldn't want to get bored, you know...
I got home around 10 pm last Wednesday night. Thursday morning, Jock got up and got both him and Kaylen off to work/daycare as he'd been doing all week, so I could sleep in. I got up around 10 am, got some pictures downloaded, showered up, then headed in to work for the afternoon.
Thursday evening I thought my dad might be coming into town, but since they weren't coming until Friday, we met up with our Lighthouse group (small-group Bible Study from church) for one of our monthly summer socials. I was tired, and I'm sure not quite with it, but I'm glad we went. Tried out a restaurant we hadn't been to before and liked it. Got to spend some time with good friends. One family even shared their babysitter with us, as we weren't sure we were going until mid-afternoon!
Friday morning I worked, but was off at 1:00 to pick Kaylen up from daycare early so she could get in a nap (Daddy isn't as strict about bedtime as I was, and she was up late Weds with them picking me up at the airport), and a shower. Then as soon as Jock got home (earlier than usual), we were headed to wedding rehearsal and then dinner. Kaylen was the flowergirl.
Saturday we were up and going early. My sister came to our house around 9:00 to do Kaylen's hair for the wedding. We left home about 10:15, got to the church at 11:15 to get dressed (after a couple detours for a parade through one town and a farmer's market in another, then waiting on a train!). Pictures started at 11:30, then a short break before the wedding at 2:30. I'm not sure why the mom of the flower-girl was so nervous, but Kaylen did awesome - I'm so proud of her! The reception was so much fun, but we only lasted about an hour into the dance. Kaylen was tired and crying when we left. I had an awful headache from what I've now determined was a cold and not just congestion from Haiti's pollution. It was a great time though.
Sunday we mostly just relaxed. Church was good - seemed like I hadn't been there in a month - maybe I wasn't?!? Dad and Terry came over for lunch - Jock grilled pork chops - yummy! Then Kaylen got a nap - although earlier than usual - I think the late nights had really caught up with her. I told Dad and Terry about my trip and showed them my photos. Kaylen got up soon after they went back to the campground where they were staying just a few miles fro our house. She wondered where they were, but wasn't too upset that they'd gone already. Then, about the time I was falling asleep for my late nap, the tornado sirens went off, and we spend a while in the basement. So much for me getting a nap! I called Dad and Terry - they'd been napping too, and were grateful for the heads-up. Fortunately things were fine here - just very windy and rainy.
No comments:
Post a Comment