Also, Josephine only had 2 teeth in March, had 5 the first week of July when my friend Kathy was there. She now has 7, and I could see several more that will be coming in soon - her gums are white in several spots - looked sore, but she didn't seem to be acting like they were hurting. They're sure coming in all at once, aren't they! I love the pictures of her with that big smile, showing off her teeth! I found this reference about when baby teeth come in - I think she had her two central incisors, her left lateral incisors, and her first molar on the bottom right. Her white gums must have been from the other lateral incisors and first molars.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Pictures!
I went through and chose some of my favorites of Elijah & Josephine...
The first night, in the hotel room. They were in bed, I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, and they were watching my every move - laying on their tummies looking over the pillow - so cute!
Sharing - and let me tell you, this was no small feat. I learned the Kreyol words for "share please" - pataje souple (pronounced pah-tah-zhay soo-play). I told this to the gentleman sitting next to me on my flight, and he said, "oh yes, souple pataje avec manman, or souple pataje avec papa", meaning please share with mom or dad... I'm learning - slowly but surely!

Elijah likes to play ball - I'd roll it to him, and he'd throw it back to me - at least until he got tired of sitting - then he'd throw it the other way, laugh, then get up and run after it.
Q: How do you get 14- and 23-month-olds to sit still? A: Give them cheerios! (Notice Elijah's full cheeks! :) Or just catch them on the run. This was my non-professional mommy photographer attempt at a photo shoot with E & J. It was a lot of fun, and got some pretty good pictures out of it too.


Elijah - still a busy and silly little boy. Hard to catch him smiling sometimes though. He's grown, but no marked differences in the last few months other than he is playing more with his toys it seems. He's still got 16 teeth, still walking, and even running. Still just a little talking, although I did notice a little more jabbering when he was playing with one of his little friends whose parents were on the trip. It was kind of fun watching the two little busy boys playing with each other.


I noticed the most changes in Josephine in the last 4 months. Yes, she is pulling herself up to standing - not taking steps yet though. And I don't think she knows how to sit back down once she's up - she fell asleep standing up against the bed one day. She's not sucking her thumb as much and doesn't fight as much when we pulled it out - unless she's just going to sleep. She's still very petite with fine features, but has grown length-wise.
Also, Josephine only had 2 teeth in March, had 5 the first week of July when my friend Kathy was there. She now has 7, and I could see several more that will be coming in soon - her gums are white in several spots - looked sore, but she didn't seem to be acting like they were hurting. They're sure coming in all at once, aren't they! I love the pictures of her with that big smile, showing off her teeth! I found this reference about when baby teeth come in - I think she had her two central incisors, her left lateral incisors, and her first molar on the bottom right. Her white gums must have been from the other lateral incisors and first molars.
Also, Josephine only had 2 teeth in March, had 5 the first week of July when my friend Kathy was there. She now has 7, and I could see several more that will be coming in soon - her gums are white in several spots - looked sore, but she didn't seem to be acting like they were hurting. They're sure coming in all at once, aren't they! I love the pictures of her with that big smile, showing off her teeth! I found this reference about when baby teeth come in - I think she had her two central incisors, her left lateral incisors, and her first molar on the bottom right. Her white gums must have been from the other lateral incisors and first molars.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
They are beautiful!! I can't wait to hear all about it. :)
Sweet!
All those teeth coming in explains the crying! She had really grown up. I'm glad they interacted with each other in the hotel since they are not in the same baby room.
Your kiddos are gorgeous!! Praise God about exiting IBESR!! Yahoo! Glad you had a wonderful trip. =)
P.S. Thank you for the teeth reference. I was also wondering where my baby's teeth were, but hers also appear to be coming in all at once!
Post a Comment