Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Parquet & Judgement

We just got our March '09 Update:
This kind of month that makes me love my job!!! I am so happy to tell you that at the beginning of March your dossier received parquet approval!! Then you just received Judgment!!! The children now have your last name!! You are in process for 2nd legalization.
Wow! Two little people in Haiti now have our last name!!! It took me a while for it to sink in (and the fact that I read it wrong the first time because I was so excited, and was telling Jock to take a look too). I totally was not expecting to have gotten out of Parquet this month - don't know why. But, to have gotten Parquet approval AND Judgement - floored me! I was in shock. It took me a couple hours to gather my thoughts. Praise God!!! What awesome news!

So, your next question is, how much longer until we can bring them home? We still don't know yet. There are still a few steps remaining. We're in 2nd Legal right now and writing up the adoption decree. Then they'll have to get archive documents. I'm not sure exactly what this is, but it can take a couple weeks or a few months. Then they'll go to MOI for a few months (3-6?), where they approve the kids' Haitian passports. Then they'll have to have the passports printed, before we can send ALL their stuff to the US Consulate/Embassy for visa approval. As soon as they have visas they can come home. So still a ways to go yet, and still some hurdles to jump.

Please continue praying for our adoption process. My biggest concern right now is that our children's birth parents would be able to come for their interviews at the US Embassy. I'm checking with our liaison again, but the last we heard (in December) was that Elijah's birth-mother was located once in the countryside but then disappeared again, and Josephine's birth-father had started a new job, so was hesitant to take time off in fear of losing his job. Please pray that Elijah's birth-mother could be located and come in soon, and that Josephine's father finds a day that works to come in. Also that Archives goes quickly so we can get right into MOI. Still holding out hope that our children could be home this year - although I'm not sure how realistic that is. God can do it if that's His will, but I'm trusting Him to give me the strength to wait if that's His will.

Please also pray for friends who are waiting WAY TOO LONG in other steps in the process. A couple families started the process before or around the time that we did, and are still there in that first step - 18+ months later. While I'm praising God for our good news, my heart hurts for these families, still waiting. Their children need to come home too! Praying for God's blessings on them and their children!

Thank you all for your encouragement & prayers & praises!

10 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Woo hoo. Maybe we'll be picking up together.

Julie said...

AWESOME NEWS!!

karen said...

YAY thats so exciting!!! Another step forward! I liked the coment someone made a while back that each day is another day closer. I feel like this days is 10 days closer! Hope things continue to go well. Love you!

kb said...

Congratulations on this GREAT news! Thanks for the prayers...

Sherri said...

Oh, Jock and Lisa, I am so thrilled for you!!!
Sherri V.
"This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it! "

Terry said...

Wow! Double wammys are awesome! It took us 3 months to get through 2nd legal but I don't think it normally takes that long.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Jaime said...

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katy said...

So happy for you!!! Thank you for remembering everyone in your prayers waiting...that means so much!

Lisa said...

Thanks everyone - your prayers and support are awesome! Praying for all of you that are in process as well.

Terry - I was told to expect 2-3 months for 2nd Legal, but is that the amt of time it took you between Judgement and entering MOI? Maybe the 2-3 months includes 2nd Legal & Archives? Then Cate said 3-6 months in MOI. Still a ways to go, but getting there... One more day closer (or 10 in this case :)

Tracy said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!! GREAT NEWS!!! So happpy for you! Hope your little ones are home well before the end of the year!!!