Monday, July 13, 2009

June '09 Adoption Process Update

I'm a little bummed by our update we received today. We found out that we are not yet in MOI (the passport approval step). Apparently we're still waiting on abstracts before we can be submitted. We'd hoped we'd been in MOI for a couple weeks already, because our April update said that they'd already obtained the abstracts of our adoption decree, but we're not. I don't know if they had an error and had to be redone, or if they were waiting on abstracts of other documents. Our coordinator is also waiting for an update on our children's birth parents' interviews. Praying we'll hear very soon that these have already been successfully completed.

Even with no news of forward movement in our adoption this month, I'm feeling at peace with this process right now. God's given me an extra measure of comfort these last few months. This adoption process definitely has its highs and lows, and has been VERY frustrating at times, but we're enduring it well right now, I think. I'm told that as we get closer to the end, that the wait gets harder - YIKES! Scary thought! But for now, I'm trusting in God's perfect timing.

In other Haiti adoption news, two families that live in our area are getting VERY close to having their children home - they're talking days or weeks, not months like us still. Some families have received IBESR approval and/or presidential dispensations the last couple months - very good considering that it seemed as there were several months with NO IBESR approvals, so it's great that things are moving again. Also, several families are traveling to Haiti later this week to visit their kids at the same O where our kids are. Praying for more awesome news, for safe trips, and for more glimpses of my happy kiddos in photos to come. :)

3 comments:

kayder1996 said...

That's a bummer. It took us a long time to get into MOI too and that was a hard wait for me.

Anonymous said...

I had been waiting to hear that you had moved! Praying for your mountain to move. Glad you have peace. That is a great place to be! Hugging you.

jen

Terry said...

Lisa this process can really "wear you thin" but I'm glad God has ministered to your heart. We were told we went into MOI in March but I have a feeling it didn't actually happen until later. Not sure why I feel that. I guess with this process we are always waiting for the "other shoe to drop". Terry