Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New Pix of E & J, & Process update

We found out last week that we are, indeed, in MOI. Praise God! We'd been waiting nearly 4 months to enter MOI for an unknown reason, but found out earlier this month that it was because of errors on our adoption decree(s). I have asked for an estimated timeline before we get out of MOI. Last I heard (a few monts ago) was that MOI takes 3-6 months. I'm praying it's shorter than that. But I caveat all that with the fact that our children's birth parents interviews have not yet been completed. So even if we get out of MOI and have E & J's Haitian passports printed, if the interviews haven't been completed, they won't be able to get a visa to enter the US. Please pray with us that Josephine's father's interview will be scheduled and completed, and that Elijah's mother will resurface for her interview to be completed successfully.

I was so please today to see some pictures that another adoptive mom took of my two little ones. We adoptive moms all LOVE to see any glimpse of our children, so it means so much when another family traveling is able to walk through and snap as many photos as they can - thank you Mabel!!! Here's our two precious little ones:
Also, there is lots going on at the orphanage this week:
* Several adoptive families have traveled to Haiti last week and this week, to appear before a judge to "prove" that they want to adopt their children. Most of these families will be saying goodbye to their children at the orphanage tonight or tomorrow morning.
* Some families are still being notified of the need to travel, with little to no notice - or still waiting to hear if they will need to travel.
* There is also a medical team at the orphanage this week, doing health assessments on all of the children. I look forward to hearing how the children are doing - they certainly look healthy to me - Josephine's eyes even look clear! Both are growing up WAY TOO FAST!!!
* A family from Ohio will be bringing their twin boys home on Friday!
* And of course many families are still enduring LONG waits and encountering challenges in one step or another.

Please pray with us over these things. Our LORD is stronger and mightier than these mountains standing in the way of our children coming home!

7 comments:

kayder1996 said...

Glad to hear you're making some progress. Each day is one day closer.

Bill and Christina said...

Your children are breath takingly beautiful! Yes we love those glimpses don't we. I pray that God inclines His ear to every whispered prayer for their adoption today and He is swift to answer!

Katy said...

Yay you got some pics!!! =) AND HOORAY you are in MOI!!! I know what you mean about the BP interviews....it is SO hard to keep waiting and not knowing about that. I just keep praying for God to find all of them like needles in a haystack. He IS ABLE. Hoping and praying with you for ALL the barriers to fall away so our kids can finally come home.

Kathy Cassel said...

Good news about MOI. Hopefully by spring?

Jaime said...

Yeah Lisa! I am so happy you have made progress! I guess each day we wait is one day closer to gotcha day so each day is progress... but visible progress is so good for the soul!! I am praying about your BP interviews.

Your children look stunning. They are incredibly cute! Yeah for pictures!!

Terry said...

Oh Lisa good news good news!!!

Tamara B said...

That is so cool and so encouraging!!!