I survived the 10°F temperatures this morning for my one-mile run as part of the test. It was brutal but I only walked a little bit of it and finished in 12:44. The rest of the 2 1/2 hours was meeting my coach, getting supplies, learning a little bit about how things are going to go, and doing the rest of the testing and measurements.
Once I got home, I spent a good deal of time trying to figure out the nutrition plan. It seems quite complicated and I already have a few questions for my coach, even though it says to keep it simple - ha! I do have a week of meals planned out though, and have a list of groceries to get tomorrow.
I also have to read through the rest of the manual tomorrow - the exercise portions. This is going to be a tough work-out, as they told us at orientation for at least one part of the workouts, that if we don't hit muscle fatigue or we can carry on a conversation with our neighbor, we're not pushing hard enough. I'm sure this couch-potato body of mine will be very sore the first week or two until I get used to it!
Even so, I think sticking to the nutrition plan will be my biggest challenge. That, and getting up at 4:40 a.m.
2 comments:
Glad to see your getting control of your health... nutrition is everything... fat is the number one contributor to breast cancer... Good luck with the diet... once you get used to eating just WHOLE foods and NO sugar your body will thrive and feel so much better... sugar is poison!
Way to go Lisa. So proud of you and I know you can do it. Taking it one day at a time...
As for my post/your comment, Marlee was a planned homebirth and I never quite made it to delivering in our bedroom. :-) Didn't want to move.
Thanks for your encouragement to me and others as you walk through this regime!! Can't wait to hear about how GREAT you feel soon!! Push through!!!
Post a Comment