Tuesday, January 11, 2011

One year ago...

One year ago tomorrow was the earthquake that changed our lives. Never could we have imagined the means which brought our children home.

Looking back at last January's post brought tears to my eyes. Some parts of it I remember like it was yesterday - other details I'd forgotten. I'm so glad I have this documented as a reminder. I never want to forget - this is part of Elijah's and Josephine's life.

We continue to pray for Haiti. Nearly 3 years ago was our first trip to Haiti, and a piece of our hearts were left there when we returned. We mourn for our children, for the people of Haiti, for all that has been lost. We pray for comfort, strength, faith, wisdom, restoration...

We look forward to watching "Adopting Haiti" tomorrow. It is a documentary that chronicles the life and events at Elijah & Josephine's orphanage following the earthquake and the efforts to evacuate the children from Haiti to their waiting adoptive families. I've got my box of kleenex ready. Check it out on Hulu tomorrow. There is a lot of information on Mattoid Entertainment's website about the film. The trailer is here. I assume that if you go back to www.hulu.com tomorrow, and search for "Adopting Haiti" you'll find it.

No comments: