We had a beautiful spring weekend – warm weather (although windy), sunshine, and no rain! And we were busy, but glad to have a chance to get out and enjoy it a bit too.
I went to a 6:00 am workout on Saturday morning, because of our busy day planned. Then we all went to a family birthday party for one of Jock’s nephews over breakfast. From there we raced to Kaylen’s first soccer game of the season. We were a bit chilly at first, but the sun came out about half-way through to warm us up. More on the soccer game later.
After lunch, Kaylen went to spend the afternoon and overnight with friends of ours. The little kids took naps (although Josephine didn’t sleep long enough and ended up having to return to bed later in the afternoon. Jock met with a contractor friend of ours about finishing our basement. My sister and 3.5 of her kids came to stay with us for the night, to be closer for my niece’s gymnastics meet pm Sunday, and to break up the driving a bit. The kids played outside on the trampoline while Amy and I visited.
We all went out for supper at HuHot – mmmmmm! Then my little two got showers and all the kids went to bed. Jock, Amy, and I stayed up late playing a board game (Anyone play Settlers of Catan?). Then Amy and I stayed up even later talking. Always nice to catch up with my sister!
Sunday we went to church/Sunday School. Amy and the kids left for the gymnastics meet before we got home. Then we had lunch plans with friends – this time BBQ at Smokey-D’s. We hadn’t tried there before. I liked their meat better, but their selection of sauces wasn’t as extensive as our regular BBQ place. We enjoyed it though, especially chatting with our friends over lunch!
Sunday afternoon – bring on the naps! Elijah & Josephine and I got in good naps. Kaylen just rested, and Jock worked on building a new swing set for the kids in our back yard. The main structure of the fort part is now complete and leveled - not sure what’s next. I made a quick supper for the kids (PB&J sandwiches and apple slices) before taking them to Awana. Then I went for a run while they were gone. After Awana, Kaylen helped us catch up with dishes from the weekend, while I got laundry started.
Crazy weekend - but I know there are more of those busy ones coming up these next several spring weekends, because of all the projects we have going on. It will be nice to have them accomplished though. :)
1 comment:
We enjoyed seeing you all on Sunday and spending time with Kaylen this weekend. We really had fun!
Post a Comment